Kristin Barnhart joined The Platt Law Firm in February, 2013, as an Associate attorney. Ms. Barnhart concentrates her legal practice in the areas of family law and entertainment law. She has been selected as a Georgia Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the field of family law for the years 2017 and 2018.
Ms. Barnhart represents clients throughout Roswell, GA and the Atlanta metro area in cases involving divorce, child custody and visitation, child support, alimony, modification and enforcement, mediations and other domestic relations matters. She is committed to being an effective advisor and advocate for all her clients.
Ms. Barnhart’s entertainment practice focuses on providing innovative business and knowledgeable legal advice to individuals and companies in the entertainment industry, with an emphasis on the representation of “celebrity” chefs and restaurateurs. Ms. Barnhart represents her clients in all facets of their careers including brand development, contract negotiations, product endorsements, book publishing, media deals, copyright, trademark, and employment matters.
Kristy graduated from Sewanee: The University of the South with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and obtained her Juris Doctor at Charleston School of Law. She is a member attorney for Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, which is a nonprofit organization that provides legal assistance and educational programming to artists and arts organizations throughout Georgia. Ms. Barnhart is also a member of the Atlanta Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (Board Member, 2014 – present).
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Entertainment Law
- Georgia, 2012
- Charleston School of Law, J.D – 2012, Involved with the Crisis Ministries Homeless Justice Project and Juris One, sports and entertainment law society
- Sewanee: The University of the South, B.A. – 2006
Honors and Awards
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, Client Satisfaction Award, 2016
- National Advocates, Top 40 Under 40, 2015
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017 and 2018
- American Registry, Outstanding Young Lawyer Georgia, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, Board Member, 2014 – present; Special Events Committee Chair; Leadership Committee Member; Art Auction Committee Member; Communications Committee Member; Co-Chair Newer Lawyers Affinity Group; Co-Chair Entertainment and Sports Law Affinity Group
- Atlanta Bar Association, Atlanta Council of Young Lawyers Board Member, Family Law Section Member, Solo Practitioner/Small Firm Section Member, Women in the Profession Section Board Member
- Georgia Bar Association, Family Law Section Member, Entertainment & Sports Law Section Member, Intellectual Property Law Section Member, Young Lawyers Division Member
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section Member, Intellectual Property Law Member, Forum Committee of Entertainment and Sports Industries Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Sandy Springs Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, Volunteer Lawyer
- Ellevate Network, Membership Manager of Atlanta Chapter