Modifying Court Orders (Divorce)

You are here: Home » Practice Areas » Modifying Court Orders (Divorce)

If you have already completed the divorce process and are now in need of a modification to an existing decree, it is important to retain an attorney. Divorce decrees are final and modifying existing orders can be difficult. With the representation of an attorney, however, you may be able to achieve a favorable resolution to your case. At The Platt Law Firm, we understand there may come a time where financial, personal, or employment obligations make it difficult to abide by all the terms of a divorce decree. Our firm will work with you on your post-dissolution complications and help you reach the best possible resolution to your case.

A divorce lawyer from our firm can help you file a motion to modify an existing child support order, child visitation and custody order, or support agreement in your divorce. Often times, these situations arise as a result of a life change such as a remarriage, illness, employment adjustment or a serious shift in the parenting responsibilities of one party. In some cases, medical care or emergency services are required for a child, and child support or visitation will need to be taken into consideration. Another common scenario are relocation cases, wherein one parent requires a move to a distant location that may alter the course of custody or visitation arrangement. Regardless of the reasons you have for modifying a court order, you can trust our experienced and highly professional legal team to handle your needs.

At The Platt Law Firm our client-centered approach does not stop when your divorce is completed; we continue to provide outstanding representation to our clients even after divorce. Our goal is to always ensure that each client receives the best possible representation for any family law matter that you are facing and if you are considering a modification to a decree, you can turn to our team. With the guidance of our firm, we can help you understand the modification process and offer insight into how to achieve the most amicable resolution available. We will implement various legal strategies and ensure that you are kept up to date with your case from start to finish. Contact us today.

Show Comments